CareerSource Southwest Florida provides services to youth between the ages of 14 to 21 who are low-income, at risk of dropping out of school or already have, and/or face other barriers to employment and educational achievement. Our goal is for these young adults to complete their educational program in order to advance their skills and pursue the best jobs possible.
The Youth Program consists of ten program elements. Year-round commitment is expected.
- Tutoring, study skills training, and dropout prevention strategies
- Alternative secondary school offerings
- Summer employment opportunities linked to academic and occupational learning
- Paid and unpaid work experiences, including internships and job shadowing
- Occupational skill training
- Leadership development opportunities
- Supportive services
- Follow-up services
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling
Interested in Working with Youth?
The Southwest Florida Workforce Development Board, through its Youth Council, is working to develop connections and processes to enhance and expand work experience opportunities for the youth of our community. By clicking on the link below for an Interest Form, employers can indicate their interest in working with youth. We appreciate your interest and look forward to a partnership beneficial to both the youth and your business.
Let us know if you are interested by completing our “Growing Our Own” interest form.