Attention Out-of-School Youth Ages 16-24!
CareerSource Southwest Florida’s DESTINATION⇒CAREER$ program provides youth, ages 16 – 24, who are out-of-school, with access to quality education and job opportunities.
How? Through individualized guidance, continued support for educational attainment, and opportunities for skills training for in-demand industries and occupations. All culminating with a good job along a career pathway or enrollment in post-secondary education.
The iCareer pathway passport, which includes work-based learning, is promoted through Work Experience, On-the-Job Training (OJT), job shadowing, internships and short-term occupational skills training.
What is my first step? Contact a workforce professional at a location nearest you to schedule a one-on-one appointment to learn what options are available to you.
Please use our COVID-19 Career Services Form to schedule an appointment, click this link to access the form.
Click on the following link for a list of the CareerSource Southwest Florida centers: Locations
What do I bring to the appointment?
- Photo identification
- Social security card or other proof of social security number
- Males born on or after January 1, 1960 must be registered for the selective service. Online registration is available at the following link: https://www.sss.gov
What services are available?
- Career exploration = $
- Workshops on how to write resumes, apply and interview for jobs = $
- How to decide how much money you want to earn throughout your career = $
- How to increase your earning potential = $
- General Equivalency Diploma attainment = $
- Technical skills training = $
- Work based training where you can earn while you learn = $
- How to budget and maximize the money you earn = $
All our services are at no cost to you.
Let us help you with career advice and tips on your job search by following us on Twitter and LinkedIn, and “Like” us on Facebook.