The biggest difference between the individual who networks and a job applicant are the personal contacts. Those who network step ahead of their competition!
Here are a few networking strategies:
- Introduce yourself as often as possible everywhere you go; be friendly.
- Join organizations that are close to your heart; become involved.
- Attend industry seminars, job fairs, trade shows, and conferences.
- Volunteer in the community; build trust and a personal reputation.
- Give referrals and leads to people as often as you can.
- Serve as mentor to others; be known as a good “go-to” person.
- Represent yourself as a confident professional in the community.
Remember: Visibility + Credibility = Opportunity