As part two of a three part series on “Successful Interviews”, we are continuing to bring you advice on the best way to conquer the interview.
If you think you can wing it, think again. Planning, preparation, and practice can go a long way when it comes to interviews. It is the difference between getting the job you want versus no job at all!
We bring you the next tips to incorporate into your interview practice:
- Don’t overreact – react to the question with confidence but not aggressive or overbearing.
- Body language – when listening to the question sit back, when answering sit forward.
- Active listening – nod and smile from time to time, show feelings and expressions.
- Give examples – always give specific examples of how you accomplished a task or project and how you could improve the company’s challenges.
- Be ready to respond – the five most important questions employers want to know:
- Why are you here?
- What can you do for us?
- What kind of person are you?
- What sets you apart from other qualified candidates?
- Can I afford you?
- No negatives – NEVER complain about your past employers or coworkers.
- Be ready to ask – have at least eight to ten thought out questions you want to ask the employer when the opportunity presents itself.
We will bring you more each week following with part three of “Successful Interviews” series.
“Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.” – John F. Kennedy
Apply these tips while practicing for the interview, in the meantime, check out Southwest Florida’s Hot Jobs on our Find a Job webpage.
Let CareerSource Southwest Florida help you with career advice and tips on your job search by following us on Twitter and LinkedIn, and “Like” us on Facebook.