CareerSource Southwest Florida’s DESTINATION⇒CAREER$ program provides youth, ages 16 – 24, who are out-of-school, with access to quality education and job opportunities.
How? Through individualized guidance, continued support for educational attainment, and opportunities for skills training for in-demand industries and occupations. All culminating with a good job along a career pathway or enrollment in post-secondary education.
The iCareer pathway passport, which includes work-based learning, is promoted through Work Experience, On-the-Job Training (OJT), job shadowing, internships and short-term occupational skills training.
What is my first step? Contact a workforce professional at a location nearest you to schedule a one-on-one appointment to learn what options are available to you. Click on the following link for a list of the CareerSource Southwest Florida centers: Locations
What do I bring to the appointment?
- Photo identification
- Social security card or other proof of social security number
- Males born on or after January 1, 1960 must be registered for the selective service. Online registration is available at the following link: https://www.sss.gov
What services are available?
- Career exploration = $
- Workshops on how to write resumes, apply and interview for jobs = $
- How to decide how much money you want to earn throughout your career = $
- How to increase your earning potential = $
- General Equivalency Diploma attainment = $
- Technical skills training = $
- Work based training where you can earn while you learn = $
- How to budget and maximize the money you earn = $
All our services are at no cost to you.