Have you heard about the organization North Carolina Outward Bound School (NCOBS)?
This organization offers programs for veterans as well as non-veterans.
For more than 30 years, North Carolina Outward Bound delivered wilderness expeditions for our nations’ veterans. These expeditions are customized specifically for veterans and active duty service men and women. They are designed to help ease the often difficult transition home. Experience the healing benefit of the wilderness, teamwork, and challenge.
The expeditions are available tuition and travel-expense free to any veteran or active duty service member. They are suited for those in good physical condition. They are designed to be fun and challenging.
- Re-experience many of the positive aspects of military service through challenge and teamwork
- Develop skills to assist them in adjusting to life at home
- Candidly discuss obstacles faced by veterans
- Rediscover their physical and emotional strengths
- Help translate military values and commitment to service in a civilian environment
- Enjoy a unique and inspiring adventure surrounded by fellow veterans in the beauty of the country for which they have served
For more information on this organization and their results and outcomes, please visit their webpage.
All CareerSource Southwest Florida staff are empowered to develop employment opportunities with employers to improve employment outcomes for targeted Veterans.
You may want to meet with CareerSource Southwest Florida staff for applicable eligibility requirements for specific training opportunities. Please identify yourself as a Veteran or Eligible Spouse to our staff.
Visit our Immediate Southwest Florida Job Openings page.
Don’t forget to “Like” us on Facebook, “Follow” us on Twitter and LinkedIn.