The job search can be intimidating. Let us help! We’re a federally funded, nonprofit agency working with the State of Florida and many community partners to provide you with job preparation services free of charge. Our Career Centers provide programs designed to help job seekers and employers. Call or visit one of our centers – our professional and friendly staff will be happy to assist you.
We know searching for the right job can be daunting, so we’ve aggregated all of the best jobs in the area into one list! Plus, we highlight top opportunities so you don’t miss out.
Job seekers: The job search can be intimidating. Let us help! Get ahead and plan your future with our portfolio of job seekers services.
If you need information about the Reemployment Assistance Program or how to file claims, visit our centers or call toll-free
You may need further education to increase your skill set or learn a new trade. Funding may be available to attend school at one of our eligible training providers in a career that is in demand.
Our highly trained staff of veterans’ employment specialists can help you make the transition into civilian life or improve your current job situation.
We want to help you find your way through all of the complex levels of entitlement programs and career guidance.
Hot Job News
- BELK Hiring Event (FT. MYERS) – Tuesday, May 2, 2017 BELK GULF COAST TOWN CENTER FT. MYERS Seeking friendly and outgoing candidates for part-time, full-time, cosmetic positions and operations When: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 for Open Interviews 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Where: Belk Gulf Coast Towne Center Ft. Myers 10069 Gulf Coast Towne Center Drive Ft. Myers, FL 33913 Click on printable flyer Belk Fort Myers Career Fair 5.2.17 or go to https://www.belkcareers.com/ to learn more ... Learn more
- 2017 Spring Teacher Recruitment Fair – Friday, May 5, 2017 THE SCHOOL DISTRICT OF LEE COUNTY 2017 SPRING TEACHER RECRUITMENT FAIR WHERE AND WHEN: Lee County Public Education Center, 2855 Colonial Boulevard, Fort Myers Friday, May 5, 2017 9:00 am – 11:00 am: Elementary, K-8 and Special Centers 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Middle, High and K-8 Invitation only. All eligible attendees will receive an invitation email on or before Monday, May ... Learn more
- SalusCare Spring Job Fair – Thursday, May 18th, 2017 Speak with hiring managers/supervisors. Complete an application on site. Learn about their excellent benefits. They have full-time, part-time and PRN positions available. Learn about their new pay rates for Master’s level and Licensed Clinicians. Some of the jobs available are: Accounts Receivable Specialist, Acute Care Clinical Services Manager, Acute Care RNs, LPNs, ARNP, Behavioral Health ... Learn more
- Higher unemployment rates show positive signs in our region “I think more people are entering the workforce; we have seen unemployment rate tick up from time to time as confidence in our economy grows. Discouraged workers who weren’t looking are reentering the labor market because more and more job opportunities are open.” Jim Wall, Communications Director for CareerSource Southwest Florida. Here is a year comparison of ... Learn more
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Program It’s easier than ever to find out if you qualify for EITC. It is a refundable federal income tax credit for low to moderate income working individuals and families. The EITC is not just for families with children. Some lower income workers without children are also able to receive EITC. Click here to access the EITC ... Learn more
- Work Ethic Questions at the Interview & SWFL’s Hot Jobs One of the questions that will be asked at the job interview is: define your work ethic? And this question may not be so direct, instead may be presented as: Describe yourself? Provide an example of a project that required working with others? How do you handle new projects? And so on. You may freeze at these ... Learn more
- Use Keywords for a Powerful Resume & SWFL’s Hot Jobs Are you using an outdated resume and getting nowhere with an interview? Writing a strategic resume takes proper planning since its structure changes with the needs of the marketplace. A powerful resume includes the use of keywords throughout the entire document. Keywords are hot words, buzz words, or jargon associated with a specific profession or job function. Recruiters ... Learn more
- Negotiate Your Salary With Confidence & SWFL’s Hot Jobs One of the most stressful areas of landing the job you want is dealing with the salary negotiation. Many job seekers fear this part of the job search process because it can be awkward and it could cost you the job. Two things could happen if you don’t handle it properly, you could price your ... Learn more
- Online Job Search Tools & Southwest Florida’s Hot Jobs Times have changed when it comes to job searching. There used to be a few ways to find jobs like answering an ad from the local newspaper or answering a “help wanted” ad at the local grocery store. Thanks to technology we now have more options for our job search, let’s look at some of these ... Learn more
Hear From People Like You!
“I have to thank Selina and all the staff at CareerSource Southwest Florida and my instructors at iTech (Immokalee Technical College) for the support they gave me. After receiving the assistance to go back to school to advance my knowledge in the medical field, we are now able to pay our bills and on our way to a better life”. ~ Kimberly West
“I wanted to enroll in the Medical Administrative Specialist program at Fort Myers Institute of Technology (FMIT). That’s when CareerSource Southwest Florida came into my life and what a difference that has made.” ~ Melissa Ramos
“I knew what I wanted and I enjoy caring for others; it’s when I’m the happiest. I was working part time as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) when I heard about CareerSource Southwest Florida and immediately recognized an opportunity to create a career path that could lead to self-sufficiency for me and my two year old daughter, Autumn. ~ Dwan Bell