We understand that businesses face numerous challenges hiring and retaining talented employees. That’s why we have developed a variety of services to help you improve your recruitment, hire top talent, and train employees. These services are meant to help your business become more efficient and save money.
Access no-cost job recruiting services that help match qualified applicants to your open positions. They offer pre-screening, advice from workforce professionals, and even space for interviewing.
Relocating? If your spouse or partner is seeking a job opportunity, our Family Relocation program offers resources to help find job opportunities in this region.
Through networking, workshops, partnerships and job referrals, the network provides an opportunity for professionals to exchange contacts, experiences and referrals.
CareerSource Southwest Florida and Florida Training Solutions offer several training incentives designed to meet your needs for a trained workforce.
Top News for Employers
- Second Chances – Ladder to Success for Ex-Offenders Workshop “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible”, Francis of Assisi. CareerSource Southwest Florida, Ft Myers hosted a 2nd Chance Workshop called “Ladder to Success for Ex-Offender”. This workshop is designed to help individuals with background issues to successfully navigate the hiring process in Southwest Florida. Do we get people ... Learn more
- “Picture This As A Career” Contest – Final Days to Vote During January 2018! During the month of January 2018 “Picture This As A Career” posters will be displayed in the following CareerSource Southwest Florida locations: 4150 Ford Street Extension, Fort Myers, FL 33916 – (239) 931-8200 3050 Horseshoe Drive North, Naples, FL 34104 – (239) 436-4301 750 South 5th Street, Immokalee, FL 34142 – (239) 658-3300 215B South Francisco Street, Clewiston, FL 33440 ... Learn more
- Unraveling the Mysteries of Internships – New DOL Guidelines In January 2018 the United States Department of Labor (DOL) updated Fact Sheet #71: Internship Programs under the Fair Labor Standards Act. Is it illegal to offer an unpaid internship? That depends. The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) requires “for-profit” employers to pay employees for their work. Interns and students, however, may not be “employees” under the ... Learn more
- Consider Passive Talent as Your Next Hire One of the challenges we face with record low unemployment rates is finding quality talent to meet your business needs. In order to have a successful hire, it is important to understand the difference between active and passive candidates, factors affecting your decision on who to recruit, and how you can accomplish the task at hand. Let’s ... Learn more
- 2018 Lee County Fair Housing Meetings 01/25/18 Have you been concerned about the lack of affordable housing in Lee County? This is a great opportunity to attend any of four meetings to be part of the study! The Affordable Housing Workgroup was created by the 2017 Legislature to review the housing in Florida affordable rental housing, examine land and building code for affordable housing ... Learn more
- Happy New Year to all our customers, partners, friends and your families! May the New Year bring to you warmth of love, and a light to guide your path towards a positive destination. Wishing 2018 brings tremendous joy and good luck for you that takes you to newer heights of success, on behalf of the entire staff of CareerSource Southwest Florida. Are you ready for 2018? What are your career goals? How ... Learn more
- Advice for Employers Recruiting High-Level Professionals “For me, motivation is a person who has the capability to recruit the resources he needs to achieve a goal.” Arsene Wenger Employers sometimes rush into hiring candidates that may not be the right fit. Therefore, over a short time they leave their company. In order to avoid the loss of time and effort training a new employee, its ... Learn more
- How to Spot a Productive Candidate As a business owner or HR Manager, you probably go through hundreds of resumes a day along with several interviews. You are looking for the right candidate for your company. This desirable candidate must have productivity skills. Planning the right questions to ask during the interview can save you time in identifying the required skill level of each candidate. This ... Learn more
- On-The-Job Training Success Video “Every Successful individual knows that his or her achievement depends on a community of persons working together.” Paul Ryan Willie Parker found himself without a job after a large company he worked for laid-off several employees including him. He found himself wondering what to do next so he would take walks to clear his mind to figure ... Learn more
Just A Few of our Workforce Partners…
Top Labor Market News
- SizeUp Lee – Tool for businesses Learn more
- 2016 Retirement Confidence Survey: Importance of Having a Retirement Plan Learn more
- Cape Coral-Fort Myers among top in employment outlook Learn more
- Young professionals make difference in our workforce Learn more
- Florida online job demand climbs in July Learn more
- Job seekers with ‘foundational skills’ hot commodity Learn more
- WGCU Gulf Coast Live! program on raising minimum wage Learn more
- SWFL Economic Development Alliance works to bring business to Southwest Florida Learn more
- MarketWatch: Lee County looks for economically diverse future Learn more