Employers: Construction Industry Careers
Click the following link for a full-color brochure that describes the following program in more detail: Construction Workforce Connection – Employer Flyer
Internship and On-the-Job Training programs
- You save thousands on job training costs.
- The paperwork process is simple.
- We assist with writing job description and customized training plan
- You select the candidate
- Your new employee can be on the job within a matter of days.
- Customized trainee evaluations to ensure that everyone is informed of trainee’s progress.
- You decide whether to hire them after training period.
- They are on our payroll
- Up to 520 hours of training
- We pay salary and Workers’ Comp
- Wages must be 80% of employer’s prevailing wage for the position
- They are your employee
- Up to six months of training
- Monthly reimbursement up to 50% of hourly wage
All we need from you
- You must call us before the applicant’s first day of work to determine eligibility.
- Hourly wage must meet the minimum requirement.
- Provide on-site supervision, guidance and hands-on experience.
New program being developed to steer students to the Construction industry
- 9-week NCCER Core at local technical center
- Select focus of study and receive starter tools for specific trade
- Hired by construction subcontractor and continues to attend school 2 days/week
Apprenticeship and Pre-Apprenticeship programs
- Donna J. Beasley Tri-County Apprenticeship Academy
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 349
Skilled labor: Center staff will help locate and screen applicants for you to hire directly.