The Southwest Florida Workforce Development Board, Inc. is involved with and sponsors many initiatives throughout the year benefiting employers, job seekers, youth, and other partner organizations. Listed below are just some of these worthwhile initiatives.
Youth services are provided to in-school and out-of-school youth up to age 22. If you qualify, you are eligible to participate in Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Services.
This program is a collaborative effort between our school system, the workforce system, and business to create streamlined access to qualified and willing construction candidates.
Top Workforce Board News
- Melvin Morgan is Honored with Her Portrait on a Building that Bears Her Name In 1983, Melvin Morgan became Lee County’s first and only black county commissioner. Melvin has a passion to help others which she showed by becoming Lee County School District’s first black social worker. Melvin’s portrait was unveiled on Friday, January 12th ... Learn more
- Southwest Florida Workforce Development Board – New Board Officers 2018 The Southwest Florida Workforce Development Board, Inc. voted in new Board Officers for 2018. Each member will serve a two-year term with an option to an additional two-year term. The New 2018 Board Officers consists of: Mike Jackson, President – resident of Cape Coral, Public Relations ... Learn more
- Workforce Services Plan 2016-2020 Our CareerSource Southwest Florida local workforce services plan was developed in collaboration with local partners. Please click on the following link for the Workforce Services Plan for Local Workforce Development Area 24 for 2016 through 2020. Local Workforce Services Plan-Area 24 Learn more
- Southwest Florida Business Workforce Guide Your comprehensive resource for the programs and services offered by CareerSource Southwest Florida and our regional partners. Would you like to research regional demographics or obtain the latest Labor Market Information (LMI) tailored to our area to make better and more ... Learn more
- Whistleblower Policy If any employee, contractor or customer reasonably believes that some policy, practice, or activity of the Southwest Florida Workforce Development Board, Inc. (the Board) or CareerSource Southwest Florida is in violation of law, a written complaint must be filed by ... Learn more
Reports to the Community
Each year, the Southwest Florida Workforce Development Board, Inc. publishes an annual report, which we call our Report to the Community, in which we attempt to describe and explain who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We deliver a variety of employment and training programs for both businesses and jobseekers in our five-county region, all at no cost to our customers.
Workforce issues are a primary concern for businesses of all sizes. Recruiting, training and retaining a workforce can be challenging, however there are resources available.
We created this publication as the indispensable resource for our business partners, to direct you to the programs and services offered by CareerSource Southwest Florida and our regional partners.
We encourage you to submit additions and modifications. Please email your suggestions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn About Our Special Projects
- “Picture This As A Career” Contest – Final Days to Vote During… During the month of January 2018 “Picture This As A Career” posters will be displayed in the following CareerSource Southwest Florida locations: 4150 Ford Street Extension, Fort Myers, FL 33916 – (239) 931-8200 3050 Horseshoe Drive North, Naples, FL 34104 – (239) 436-4301 750 ... Learn more
- A Career Exploration Outing with the Minnesota Twins In the midst of Spring training, the Minnesota Twins hosted a career exploration event for our Destination Graduation students. Destination Graduation is a program designed and piloted locally by the Southwest Florida Workforce Development Board and operated through CareerSource Southwest Florida. ... Learn more
- DESTINATION ⇒ CAREER$ ~ Attention Out-of-School Youth-ages 16-24! CareerSource Southwest Florida’s DESTINATION ⇒ CAREER$ program is providing youth, aged 16 – 24, who are out-of-school, with access to quality education and job opportunities through guidance, continued support for educational attainment, opportunities for skills training in in-demand industries and ... Learn more
- Construction Workforce Connection: Job Seekers Job Seekers: Construction Industry Careers Training: Classroom training at technical centers – Click on link for overview of NCCER course: Construction Workforce Connection – What Will I Learn? Work: Referrals to full-time job openings for skilled workers On-the-Job Training openings for unskilled workers Paid internships with ... Learn more
- Construction Workforce Connection: Employers Employers: Construction Industry Careers Click the following link for a full-color brochure that describes the following program in more detail: Construction Workforce Connection – Employer Flyer Overview: Internship and On-the-Job Training programs You save thousands on job training costs. The paperwork process is simple. We assist ... Learn more
- Construction Workforce Connection Whether you are an employer or someone looking for a career in the construction industry, we can help. Employers: On-the-Job Training Internships Apprenticeships Skilled Labor Click on the following link for more information: Employers Job Seekers: Training Work Training & Work Option Click on the following link for more information: Job ... Learn more
- Destination Graduation Videos Tune in and listen to some of the recent successful Destination Graduation participants and their employers, parents, and mentors discussing the program. This Southwest Florida program is unique in the state of Florida and is expanding to more and more schools ... Learn more
- Middle School Exploration Essay Contest Winners! Oh, the Places You’ll Go! Middle School Career Exploration Essay Contest. Sponsored by the Southwest Florida Workforce Development Board, Inc. and the Youth Council, the contest is based on the Dr. Seuss book that describes some of the amazing (and sometimes not ... Learn more
View all Special Project News