School has ended and the summer has arrived. By now, you probably found a part-time or full-time job to get you through the summer. Something to bring you extra cash before school starts.
Now that you are in your summer job, let’s address some areas of great importance that will help your work experience become a positive one this summer.
- Keep the schedule of your working hours on your cell phone – this is a quick way to check and stay on top of when you are expected at work.
- Add alarms to your cell phone calendar – it helps you be aware in advance of when the next shift begins.
- Always show up on time – a valuable skill all employers desire is punctuality.
- Prepare your clothes the day before work – make sure they are clean and ready to wear so you don’t waste time preparing the next day.
- It is your responsibility to have transportation to work – supervisors will not accept excuses of not showing up to work because your friend couldn’t take you.
These are just some tips that can help you have an enjoyable summer job experience along with gaining the work experience you need for future jobs and careers.